Terms and Conditions
About the terms
Access to and use of 'planetbiometrics.com' both within the UK and internationally is provided by Science Media Partners Ltd.
1. By using planetbiometrics.com you agree to be bound by these terms. If you do not agree to be bound by all of the following terms please do not access, use and/or contribute to planetbiometrics.com.
2. Science Media Partners Ltd may change these terms from time to time and so you should check these terms regularly. Your continued use will be deemed acceptance of the updated or amended terms. If you do not agree to the changes, you should cease using this website.
Use of planetbiometrics.com
3. You agree to use planetbiometrics.com only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else's use and enjoyment of planetbiometrics.com. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within planetbiometrics.com.
3.a By selecting to receive news about Biometrics 2011/12 or from the Biometrics Institute, your email address will be passed on to these third parties. If you do not wish this to occur, then please do not sign up for these services.
4. All copyright, trade marks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) in and on planetbiometrics.com and all content located on the site shall remain vested in the planetbiometrics.com or its licensors (which includes other users). Without explicit consent, you may not copy, reproduce, republish, broadcast, transmit, or otherwise use planetbiometrics.com content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use.
5. The names, images and logos identifying planetbiometrics.com or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of planetbiometrics.com and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring any licence or right to use any trade mark, design right or copyright of planetbiometrics.com or any other third party.
Contributions to planetbiometrics.com
6. By sharing any contribution (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) with Science Media Partners Ltd you agree to grant to Science Media Partners Ltd, free of charge, permission to use the material in any way it wants (including modifying and adapting it for operational and editorial reasons) on its planetbiometrics.com site.
7. Unless otherwise stipulated, copyright in your contribution will remain with you and this permission is not exclusive, so you can continue to use the material in any way including allowing others to use it.
8. In order that planetbiometrics.com can use your contribution, you confirm that your contribution is your own original work, is not defamatory and does not infringe any UK laws.
9. We normally show your name with your contribution, unless you request otherwise, but for operational reasons this is not always possible.
10. In order to participate in and contribute to planetbiometrics.com communities you may be required to register with planetbiometrics.com. Any personal information supplied as part of this registration process will be collected, stored and used in accordance with the your privacy wishes at the time of signing up. These wishes may also be modified logging on to our site or contacting Science Media Partners Ltd.
11. You agree to use planetbiometrics.com in accordance with the following Community Rules.
- Contributions must be civil and tasteful
- No disruptive, offensive or abusive behaviour: contributions must be constructive and polite, not mean-spirited or contributed with the intention of causing trouble.
- No unlawful or objectionable content: unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive or otherwise objectionable material is not acceptable.
- No spamming or off-topic material: we don't allow the submission of the same or very similar contributions many times. Please don't re-submit your contribution to more than one discussion, or contribute off-topic material in subject-specific areas.
- No advertising or promoting.
- Contributions containing languages other than English may be removed
- No impersonation.
- No inappropriate (e.g. vulgar, offensive etc) user names.
Your planetbiometrics.com Account:
All accounts must be registered with a valid personal email address that you access regularly so that moderation emails can be sent to you. Accounts registered with someone else's email address, or with temporary email addresses may be closed without notice. We may require users to re-validate their account if we believe they have been using an invalid email address.
If you fail to abide by these Community Rules when taking part in a planetbiometrics.com community, you will be sent an email which informs you why your contribution has been refused or edited. This email will also include a warning that continuing to break the rules may result in action being taken against your account or accounts.
This action may include a temporary or permanent suspension of your ability to participate on this site.
planetbiometrics.com reserves the right to delete any contribution, or take action against any account, at any time, for any reason.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
12. Views expressed by external contributors are theirs and unless specifically stated are not those of planetbiometrics.com. planetbiometrics.com is not responsible for any content posted by members of the public on planetbiometrics.com or for the content of any third party sites that are accessible through planetbiometrics.com. Any links to third party websites from planetbiometrics.com do not amount to any endorsement of that site by Science Media Partners Ltd and any use of that site by you is at your own risk.
13. planetbiometrics.com content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons is provided "AS IS" and on an "AS AVAILABLE" basis. planetbiometrics.com does not guarantee the timeliness, completeness or performance of the website or any of the content. While we try to ensure that all content is correct at the time of publication no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of planetbiometrics.com for any errors, omissions or inaccurate content on the website.
14. Science Media Partners Ltd does not warrant that functions available will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that planetbiometrics.com or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
15. The failure or delay of Science Media Partners Ltd to exercise or enforce any right in these terms does not waive its right to enforce that right.
16. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales which shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes.
Science Media Partners Ltd.
Science Media Partners Ltd
25 Horseshoe Business Park
United KingdomScience Media Partners Ltd is a limited liability company formed under English company law and registered in the UK no. 5965531
Our VAT number is GB891 2025 35